Sunday, February 10, 2013

Projects for 2013


Since we are one month already down in 2013, I figured that I need to update readers to what I have up my sleeves for this new year.

Like everyone else, I’ve been busy busy busy, which is good, but sometimes very stressful.  There has been a lot going on in my personal life, but I’m trying to focus on my writing.

First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for my stories on GayAuthors.org

To be nominated in 3 categories is amazing. “Shepherd’s Crook” and “Take Me Home Tonight” are both up for 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards. If you haven’t checked out GA, swing by and take a look. It’s always nice to connect with new readers…(psssssst, there is still time to vote too! Voting closes February 23, 2013)

I’m participating in the 2013 OOH Screenwriters Competition this year. I’m very excited. Screenplays are so much fun to write. I’ve participated in years past, but missed last year due to my Mom passing away. My Mom was a dancer and a huge supporter of the performing arts. I know that she is shining down on me as I work on an adaptation of my short story: “Destiny’s Diner” for this year’s competition.  Wish me luck!

Also, another big announcement, my collection of short supernatural stories is being published by JMS Books. “Bump In The Night,” will be 5 erotic stories that are hot and steamy. Yes, they are erotic gay flash fiction.  I love the idea of hitting a story fast and furious, head on without missing a beat. 

The release dates for 2013 are:

Book 1 - Lone Wolf ~ March 10
Book 2 - Fate Drops In ~ April 28
Book 3 - When Darkness Falls ~ May 19
Book 4 - A Roommate Wanted ~ June 2
Book 5 - The Prey ~ June 16

Let’s start small and work it bigger…shall we? LOL

I’ve written 2 stories for GA’s 2013 Quarterly Anthologies.

“Let The Music Play”-  For the Spring 2013 Anthology theme: “A Night To Remember”.  This story will be an unexpected treat for you. It’s a romantic lesbian love story. It was written for one of my friends who has been begging me to write something for her. I hope she likes it, and I hope you do too!

Next is the Fall 2013 Anthology theme: “Pandora’s Box.”  I don’t have a working title yet, but this story is defiantly a tasty piece of flash fiction about a young man embarking on a wild new adventure.  It should be fun in all the right ways.

Now let’s get to the biggest project that I’m working on at the moment, “Pour Me Another.”  I’m really loving this story!!!

It’s going to be about 50,000 words and is a modern day romance.  It is sexy and romantic, heartbreaks and heroes.  It’s hard to not give too much away.  I’ve been working on it for months.  The plans I had for this story fell through, so I’m not sure what to do with it now. It’s more than 2/3rd finished. I had kind of put it on the backburner when plans, outside of my control fell through, sooooo what do I do with it now?

I’ve tossed around the idea of self-publishing it, finding another venue or shopping publishers? What are your thoughts?  What do you think I should do? I want to hear from you… Let me know!

Thanks for reading and supporting my work.  I will keep everyone update of new projects as the come up.

Thanks,

KC

4 comments:

  1. wow - you sure have a lot of things going on this year.. Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you can remove this "world map" you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- You don't like being my number 1 stalker?? :P

      I think it's so cool to see where people have viewed my blog all over the world!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Sly, I have a lot planned for this year. I'm real exicted to hear what readers have to say about my new stories. :D

    ReplyDelete